Below are just a few of the reasons for a Consultation...there are many more...
- Engorgement (that rock solid feeling) that is painful, and you cannot empty the breast with baby or pump. Call sooner rather than later to avoid mastitis (breast infection)
- Low or slow weight gain for baby and help with management of feedings
- If you need to learn how to use a breast pump properly, including an evaluation to see if the shield is sized correctly. Faster speed and stronger suction is NOT better when it comes to pumping
- Premature babies usually need a hand (so do their parents!)
- Parents of multiples usually need a hand too, (or more!)
- If your baby seems unhappy at the breast or won't nurse. Also, if your baby just falls asleep at the breast
- If you need guidance to help you manage and increase your milk supply and/or you have baby questions related to feeding and his/her/your well-being
- If you feel unsure if feeding is going well, and need further information and/or instruction...or just someone to check in with for reassurance
Appointments and Visits:
- During the winter season I prefer to see babies at home only, due to cold and flu season. This a much more comfortable visit as you are in your own environment with your own pillows, chair, etc.
- Fees can be paid by cash, check or credit card. My rate is $100/hr. (plus travel fee of $40 up to 20 miles). After first hour, fees are prorated in 15 min. increments. ($25.00/15 minutes)
- You will receive a form to submit to insurance for reimbursement. Contact your insurance company prior to our appointment to check and see if you have any restrictions, to be confident of your benefits. I do not accept or submit your insurance.
- Consultation times vary daily. Please call 303-810-2669, text me, or go to the link below, to schedule.
- If you do not see an appointment time that works for you, please call me and we can work out the time frame.