Below are just a few of the reasons for a consultation...there are many more...
- Sore nipples? Pain is a great indicator- it should NOT hurt to nurse! Not even in the beginning! Bleeding and cracking of nipples is NOT typical.
- Engorgement (that rock solid feeling) that is painful, and you cannot empty the breast with baby or pump. Call sooner rather than later to avoid mastitis (breast infection).
- Low or slow weight gain for baby.
- If you need to learn how to use a breast pump properly, including an evaluation to see if the shield is sized correctly. Faster speed and stronger suction is NOT better when it comes to pumping.
- Premature babies usually need a hand (so do their parents!).
- If your baby seems unhappy at the breast or won't nurse. Also, if your baby just falls asleep at the breast.
- If you need guidance to help you manage and increase your milk supply and/or you have baby questions related to feeding and his/her/your well-being.
- If you feel unsure if feeding is going well, and need further information and/or instruction...or just someone to check in with for reassurance.
Appointments and Visits:
- Patients are seen by a home visit or a scheduled consultation at Sweet Beginnings- 5767 S Rapp Street, Littleton, CO 80120.
- During the winter, with flu and cold season, I prefer to see you and your baby at home- this is also more comfortable and relaxed for a new mom.
- Fees can be paid by cash or check. My rate is $75.00/hr. Home visits have a travel fee of $35.00 (up to 20 miles). Most appointments last 1-1.5 hours.
- You will receive a form to submit to insurance for reimbursement
- Consultation times vary daily. Please call 303-810-2669, or go to the link below, to schedule.
- Generally, I can see you and your baby on the same day if you contact me by 10:00 am. My phone does accept text messages, also.